Comprised of faculty and staff, our Urology EDI Committee meet regularly to discuss EDI in Urology.
- We maintain a climate of respect for patients and their families, our students, trainees, faculty and staff.
- We pursue the recruitment, retention and advancement of faculty and trainees from underrepresented groups in medicine.
- We provide personalized medicine where our patient-centered approach delivers equitable care.
- We support inclusive clinical and academic activities to promote equity among our faculty, staff and patients.
- We have developed curricula that fosters inclusive values among medical students, residents and fellows.
- In our interaction with our patients, we have implemented practices that are guided by EDI (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) principles such as the use of gender neutral language. These practices are person-centric and avoid the use of stereotypes.
- We strive for Diversity in:
- National Origin / Citizenship
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity
- Physical and Mental Ability / Disability
- Socioeconomic Status / Background
- Educational Level
EDI in Action
A collection of EDI
resources from across the University of Washington
- Diversity Visiting Student Sub-Internship
- EDI Grand Rounds
- Oct 11, 2023: EDI presentation by Dr. Janet Veesart and Loretta Cool
- Nov 1, 2023: EDI presentation by Dr. Randy Vince
- Feb 7, 2024: EDI presentation by Dr. Zarchary Klaassen
- Diversity Journal Club
- Black & African-Descent Collaborative for Prostate Cancer ACtion (BACPAC)
Renton Memorial Stadium, August 6, 2022